Introducing the Privacy Statement
This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how Pixell AS (“Kupp” or “we”) collects and processes information from members and users of the website, software applications, and other online services we provide (collectively “Kupp's products”). Kupp's products include, but are not limited to, the Kupp extension for web browsers (the “Extension”), and the website located at www.dineKupp.no (the “Website”).
To the extent that Kupp has links to other websites (like retailers), please note that we do not own, operate, or control them, and they have their own controlling privacy policies that you should review.
What data we collect and why
In order to provide our services, Kupp collects information that you share directly with us when you use our website or extension. Though you don't have to, you can choose to provide your email to set up an account with us, which lets you add items to your Droplist, earn Rewards, see a personalized recommendation feed, and more. You can also set up your profile with your name and other info for a more personalized experience.
Kupp also collects technical information about your device and use of Kupp to make sure that our products are working correctly. The information we collect is geared to providing Kupp members with a better way to shop online and to help us develop, improve, and market our services.
Account and Profile Information.
When you become a member of Kupp, you share a limited amount of information during the registration process, optionally including your name, email address, member password and other registration information to personalize your profile.
If you choose to link a social media profile (like Google) at sign-in, Kupp will store this information for login purposes. Linking your social media profile grants Kupp access to the profile, but only to the extent allowed by your permission settings, that platform's terms of service, and this Privacy Statement. We will NOT track any of your social media activity or post anything on your behalf.
If you choose to sign in with Google, you'll have the option of importing your contacts so that you can refer your friends to Kupp. Referral addresses are masked, so we never see or store them, nor can we contact anyone without your permission.
As you continue to use Kupp's products, you might also provide information when you:
- save items to monitor price drops
- share coupons, promo codes, and deals you found
- refer friends from your contacts to Kupp
- click “follow” on stores you like
- communicate with Kupp through email or other means
Kupp automatically collects information to ensure that our products work correctly on different devices and browsers. This includes data like
- the type of device you're using
- the device's unique ID (where available)
- operating system
- browser type
- IP address
- event stamp
- error logs
This data allows us to make sure Kupp products are working correctly, to make your experience better, to detect and prevent fraud, and to manage our legal obligations. Also, to help us coordinate our communications and marketing campaigns, and to understand how our users engage with our products, we use common digital tools that allow us to see if you opened an email we sent, visited a link in those emails, or generally interacted with Kupp as a result of our marketing efforts.
Kupp does not track your search engine history, emails, or your browsing on any site that is not a retail (a site where you can shop and make a purchase) or comparison website (a site comparing prices for products you can buy). When you are on a pre-approved retail or comparison site, to help you save money, Kupp will collect information about that site that lets us know which coupons and promos to find for you. We may also collect information about pricing and availability of items, which we can share with the rest of the Kupp community.
Shopping and Usage Data
On retail or comparison sites, Kupp collects the name of the retailer, page views, and in some cases, product information that allows us to track price changes and update our product catalog. We may also collect information regarding your purchases on a retail site while using Kupp (for example, the transaction value, and the fact that an order was completed or returned) for purposes including internal analytics, commission collection, and managing Rewards. The information you share, and we collect, enables us to improve our products and gives us insights about coupons, deals, pricing, and availability of retail items, which we can share with the rest of the Kupp community. We may also use this information to understand your shopping history, merchant and shopping preferences to provide you with a more tailored, relevant experience or show sponsored product offers that may interest you.
Aggregate and Anonymized Data
We may also use the information we collect in aggregate or otherwise anonymized form. This lets us look at interactions with our site and products generally and does not identify you or any specific person. We use this general data for research, development, marketing, analytics, and to enhance the shopping experience for the Kupp community.
What data we do not collect
We collect information that we believe can help us save our users time and money. This does not include, and we do not collect, any information from your search engine history, emails, or from websites that are not retail or comparison sites.
We also do not collect bank or credit card information.
How we share your data
We know how important your personal data is to you, so we will never sell it without your express permission first. We'll only share your personal data with your consent or in ways you'd expect (as we explain here). That means we will share your data if needed to complete your purchase, with businesses who help us operate Kupp, or if we are legally required to do so.
We may share information with our service providers (businesses that work for and with us) for the purpose of running Kupp and fulfilling our commitments to you. These include businesses that perform services on our behalf, including to help us maintain our products, to provide support for legal, banking, security protection, payment processing, our own marketing, and customer service. Please know that when we share information with our service providers, it's for the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement and not for their independent use.
We may also share information in the following cases:
- with your express consent;
- with our parent company, but only for purposes allowed by this Privacy Statement, including to manage Rewards;
- in an aggregate or anonymized format that does not identify any specific person;
- as required by law, or to comply or respond to a valid government request;
- when we believe in good faith that it's necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate fraud; and
- with a buyer or successor if Pixell AS is involved in a merger, acquisition, or similar corporate transaction. If that happens, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Website of any change in ownership, as well as any choices you will have as a result.
How we protect your data
The security of your information is important to us. We are dedicated to protecting your information and have put in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards.
These measures include limiting access, using encryption, testing for vulnerabilities, advanced malware detection, employing pseudonymization and anonymization techniques, and more.
Though we hate to say it, despite our efforts, we can't guarantee that user information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed as a result of a breach of any of our safeguards. You provide us with information at your own risk.
Kupp only retains information about you as long as you keep using Kupp, though we’ll keep information if we need it to meet our legal obligations and to defend against legal claims. Data shared with Kupp is subject to data retention periods as set out in the Kupp Privacy Statement.
Some cookies can be temporary (“session cookies” like those used for navigating your browser) and disappear once you close it. Others last longer (“persistent cookies,” like when you ask a site to remember your login) and are saved to your computer until you delete them.
Our uses of cookies and similar technologies fall into the following general categories:
- We are using:Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager
- Marketing: We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that have been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
- We are using: Facebook, Google Ads, Google Search Ads 365
Any personal information that we collect and store through use of these technologies for categories other than “Essential” are based on your consent, obtained through a conspicuous disclosure on our website. You can withdraw this consent in your account settings at any time. If you want to disable cookies entirely, your browser or mobile device might have an option to do that. For more information, including instructions on disabling cookies, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Your choices for managing your data
We've made it easy to opt-out of Kupp's products at any time.
You can always adjust your personal settings regarding what information you share and how Kupp communicates with you by going to your account page and clicking on the “personalize” or “emails” headings. Please note that limiting the information you offer to provide may impact Kupp's ability to provide certain deals and products to you.
If you want to stop using Kupp, we have instructions on how to uninstall the Extension on our Website and if you have any issues you can contact our support team for assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to delete your profile or personal information, you can always ask us by emailing email@example.com. We will delete any personal information we have, although the following exceptions apply: (1) we may still store your personal information if we need it to meet our legal or compliance obligations and/or to defend against legal claims; and (2) we may also continue to store your personal data in an aggregated and anonymized format that doesn’t identify you and can’t be attributed to you, even after you’ve deleted your profile.
Additional rights regarding your data
Depending on where you live, you may have additional rights as to the personal information that you share and Kupp collects. Residents of the EU, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and California can click below to learn more.
Learn more (Drop down with the following content)
EU, UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand residents.
Controller: Pixell AS is established in Norway. Our address is Apotekergata 10B, 0180 Oslo, Norway. Our contact email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, we are the data controller.
Legal Bases: The personal information that you share and we collect, as well as its purposes, are described in this Privacy Statement. Kupp will only collect or process your personal information if we have a legal basis to do so. These are:
- When you agree to our use of your data for a specific purpose.
- When necessary to enact a transaction or to provide you with services and products that you request. This includes personalizing features and protecting the security of Kupp and its users.
- When Kupp has a legitimate interest in using that data in the normal ways you'd expect, like ensuring Kupp 's products run properly, improving and creating new products, historical analytics research, promoting Kupp, and protecting our legal rights.
- When we need to process your data to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Your rights: You have the following rights with regard to your personal data. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that these rights are limited, like for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals or our legal obligations.
- Right to Access: You have the right to request information about your personal data that we hold, how we use it, and who we share it with.
- Right to Portability: Where you have provided your personal data to us on the basis of your consent, you have the right to ask us for a copy of this data in a structured, machine-readable format and to ask us to send this data to another data controller.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: In situations where we are processing your personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
- Right to Object to Processing: In situations where we are processing your personal data based on our legitimate interest, you can object that the interest is no longer legitimate. Kupp will stop processing that data unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground. You can also request to opt-out of direct marketing.
- Right to Restrict Processing: You have the right to ask us to stop any active processing of your personal data while we seek to verify data you claim is inaccurate, while we verify our legitimate interests, or while we cannot erase that data due to legal obligations.
Kupp will try to respond to these requests within 30 days, but some might take longer. You will typically not be charged any fee for effecting these rights, but Kupp reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee (or refuse to comply) if the request is unfounded, repetitive, or excessive.
Complaints: In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to resolve it. You can also choose to file a complaint with the relevant data protection authority.
If you live in California and use Kupp, you have some additional rights when it comes to your data.
- Right to Delete: You can ask us to delete the personal information we have about you.
- Right to Know: You can ask us for a list of the categories of personal information we have about you, the categories of sources from which we get personal information, the business purposes for which we collect personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom it is shared (you can also see that in this Privacy Statement). You also can ask us for a copy of the pieces of personal information we have about you.
California law gives you the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. But Kupp does not and will not sell (or rent, or disclose for value) any of your personal information in the first place. So you're good.
To exercise any of these rights, you (or your authorized agent) can contact us through the “Contact us” webform on our Help page (help.dinekupp.no) or by email at email@example.com. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days, and will provide a response to you within 45 days of your request, though in some exceptional cases it might take longer (if that happens, we'll let you know). We will need your name and email address to verify your request, and may also ask for additional information if necessary to verify the identity of the person making the request. We reserve the right to deny your request if we cannot verify your identity, or if an exemption applies (for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals, or where we have a conflicting legal obligation). That said, we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights.
To learn about the categories of personal information that Kupp uses, please see the section of this Privacy Statement called “What data we collect and why.” The personal information that we have collected in the past 12 months falls into the following categories as set out under California law:
- The contact information you provide – California law refers to these as identifiers.
- We don't track your location, but your IP address gives us a general idea of the city, state, and country - what California law calls geolocation.
- Shopping and Kupp usage data – California law calls this internet activity.
- Purchases on retail sites when using Kupp – this is commercial information under California law.
To learn about the limited ways in which we disclose data for our business purposes -- that is, to a service provider -- and the categories of those service providers, please see the section of this Privacy Statement called "How we share your data."
Please note that, while Kupp provides tools to manage your privacy as described in this Privacy Statement, we do not support “Do Not Track” browser settings at this time.
California residents also have the right to request this information in an accessible alternative format. If you have a disability and would like to access this Privacy Statement in an alternative format, please contact us by email or mail as detailed below.
Notice of Financial Incentive
If you are a California resident, you have a right to receive this Notice of Financial Incentive.
Our rewards program, sometimes referred to as Kupp Rewards, is offered with Kupp and provides you with the ability to earn points on eligible purchases, eligible Kupp transactions, or completing other actions, such as referring a friend.
The Rewards can be earned through our website, the Kupp extension, or through checkout and can be redeemed with a valid Kupp account. You can earn Rewards on purchases from eligible merchants, eligible Kupp transactions or other activity. The Rewards are subject to the Kupp Rewards Program Agreement. Additional terms and exclusions may apply and are presented at the time the Reward is offered or saved.
To manage Rewards the following Personal information is collected:
- Identifiers, such as name and email and account location
- Shopping and Usage Information, such as shopping history, transaction value and returns
- Preferred merchants or categories
- Internet and Network activity such as IP address
- Inferences drawn from one or more of the above, including a consumer's shopping history, that reflects a consumer’s shopping preferences.
- You opt into Rewards by registering for the Kupp Services. You have the right to opt out of the Rewards program by contacting customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may uninstall or delete your account at any time.
Data Transfers from the EU
If we transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area, we will do so within the safeguards of Model Contract Clauses and the EU-US Privacy Shield framework.
We created Kupp for the exclusive use of adults (18 and older). We don't knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children. If you are a child under 18, please do not attempt to use or register for Kupp's products or send any personal information to us.
If we learn we have collected personal information from someone under 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who you think may have given us some personal information or posted information on any public portion of Kupp’s products, please let us know at email@example.com. We'll help you remove it.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will continue to update our policies and practices as needed. We will notify you of any changes to our Privacy Statement by posting any changes here. If we do, you'll see that the date at the top of this Privacy Statement has changed.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about our privacy policies and practice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you can write us a letter (fancy!) at:
Attn: Data Protection Officer